Monday, September 13, 2010

Dear Johnny,

There was a time in my life when your words formed my thoughts. Every bit of advice you fed me from the experiences of your own lacking adolescence was fire to my soul. I thought you were the embodiment of all knowledge. Time moved on and I realized you were a liar. Spreading only what you wanted to be seen. I had been searching for a companion. A friendship to rely on and put into, something to get me through the dark days. You were searching for something that no seventeen year old should ask of a fourteen year old. You destroyed the friendship in which countless hours had been invested. For years, I dreamed of you returning to be my friend. You'd call me and tell me how your marriage was going, that you were proud of who I was becoming. That you finally viewed me as the little sister that I always wanted to be to you. I tried so many things to keep your friendship. But you left anyway. You got angry, got bitter and rude. You got married, and told me to stop talking to you. Your wife is nice, and I feel bad that she has taken on the task of putting up with you.

I still dream that you decide to be my friend, but I finally put your memory down to rest.
Dear Johnny,
     Stop texting me.
Sincerely,
     Darci Rainey

No comments:

Post a Comment